StephenW wrote:
> I can no longer access su.
> I have only ever used one of two passwords.  Neither of them will work today.
>
> Suggestions for correction?
>
> winstephen

You would normally use the root password, unless you're trying to su to
another user.  If you've "forgotten" the root password, it is possible
to remove or replace the existing root password, by booting from a
rescue disk and manipulating the /etc/password and shadow files.
However, I have neven had a need to do that, so I can't speak from
experience.