The problem with your ask is that we are, as a community, are
volunteers, and as such we prefer to focus on features we use
ourselves.

That is if some tester prefers new install and KDE, he will mostly (or
only) test KDE with fresh install, not matter how buggy other parts of
the distro are.

For one part I never do "upgrade" install, as I prefer fresh in all
cases. For me it is OK to drop that feature. If feature X goes
unmaintained and untested for long time (as 1 year or so) it gets
dropped from the distro eventually.

This basically means, that if feature X is important to you in a
community distro, you should test it yourself. The recommended time to
enter testing is BETA1 release.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"