Roger Oberholtzer schreef:
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 12:02 +0200, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,
Is anyone using a Iomega Rev-drive (70GB native) ? I would like to use it as a backup device.
If you have a choice, look for something else. Prior to the REV we used
the Peerless. That worked great. So of course it was discontinued. We
now use basic USB disks like LaCie or Maxtor. They may cost a bit more
than a REV disk, but we reuse them as they are only for data transport.
For backups, they are perhaps more than you want to pay. Depends on how
important the data is.

Thanks for your vision. Like I said, I use it on a Windows machine, works fine. Backing up about 80Gb in about 4 hours over the network I find acceptable. But that's on Windows. I do the same with some USB disks also on the Windows 2K machine, but there the disks sometimes disconnect for no apparent reason.
And another con is the size : a Rev disk is very small.
Anyway, I'm gathering information to virtualise some servers. I would like the host OS to be Suse. Maybe it will be Windows :-(
Thanks again.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong