On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 07:09:35 -0400
Phil Savoie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to setup wireless for my Compaq R3000 AMD notebook.  I have
> tried using ndiswrappers but have been unsuccessful. Would anyone know
> how to do this in a real easy step by step way?  It has a Broadcom 43xx
> mini pci card in it.
>
> Any help would really be apprecia as I am stuck in a hotel with only
> wireless and am forced to use windows to send this out.
On SuSE 10.2 there is a wireless driver, from memory, it is bcm43xx.ko.
It requires the firmware. To extract the firmware from a Windows
bcmwl5.sys file, and place the firmware into /lib/firmware. The
Wireless on my laptop has been working perfectly. Prior to that I did
use ndiswrapper because fwcutter didn't like the version of bcmwl5.sys
that I had.

I did at one time post the exact steps you need to run ndiswrapper (get
it from the SuSE RPM supplied with your distro). My laptop is an AMD64.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group