Okay, out of curiosity, I downloaded Feisty Fawn yesterday and booted it
to my laptop. I wanted to see what all the fuss over Ubuntu was, particularly
since I've been using SUSE for the past two or so years.

Here's a screenshot on my laptop:

http://www.perfectreign.com/files/images/20070423_ubuntu_feisty.png

It booted okay, and recognized my hardware on both my laptop and desktop.
To its credit, it even picked up my volume control buttons and my
wireless NIC. Not bad. It was a little disconcerting at first, when I
couldn't auto-attach to my router. However, I realized I don't broadcast
my SSID. All was well, once I typed it in.

Here's my honest take - I like SUSE better. Why? Well, it is more
polished. I spent two minutes trying to figure out how to change my
resolution on my screens and how to mount my hard drive. Neither task was
intuitive. On SUSE both are very easy.

SUSE adds a lot to the default KDE
desktop that makes my life easier. In fact, I was just showing one of my
senior programmers the difference between Ubunutu and SUSE with YaST. He
agreed with me that YaST makes the difference.  (I sent him off with a
10.2 live DVD.)

Now, don't get me wrong - I'm not bashing Ubuntu - but to me, I'll stick
with SUSE

--
kai

Free Compean and Ramos