Hello All,

I've been trying out KDE recently after having used Gnome exclusively
since I switched to Linux, and I must say I like it a lot. There was
an issue running Evolution (passwords not saved) but that was solved
looking through the archives of this list, so thanks for that :)

There are a couple of issues I still have to resolve, though. The most
annoying one is the use of the "multimedia buttons" on my laptop. They
are: mute, vol up, vol down, pause/play, skip fwd, skip back and stop.

In Gnome you can go to System - Configuration - Shortcuts, and assign
the relevant tasks to these buttons. They don't all work, in fact only
mute and volume up/down work, but they work consistently for all
sound--I can be listening to an mp3 or watching a video, or visiting a
website with sound, it doesn't matter. I can change the volume from
the hardware buttons no problem.

In KDE, however, I can't find how to do this. I've done it for Amarok,
and it's great that ALL the buttons work there--but only there. If I'm
on a website with music and it's too loud I have to call up a mixer
and turn the volume down that way. If I'm using another player instead
of Amarok, same thing. Films, same thing. I'd really like to be able
to control the mixer directly from the buttons in KDE as you do in
Gnome, but I can't find how. Does anyone know?

Thanks!