> I think
> this link could be usefull to generate a real local caching repository:
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB%3AGenerating_YaST_Installation_Sources

Thanks for the link Michael.  I found just a bit of extra information on
this one:
http://en.opensuse.org/Creating_YaST_Installation_Sources
-- nearly similar, but this one includes a bit more it seems.

Anyways, I tried to generate a Yast Source, couldn't get it working
according to the instructions given in the wiki (and quite a bit of
hacking around as well), so I gave up and used createrepo to create a
yum source.

Yast recognises my yum repository, and it can pull a list of packages,
but the funny thing is, I could not find a way to make the updates
appear in the "Online Update" section.  When I click on "Online Update",
it does read from my yum update source (comments that it is unsigned,
but I advise it to ignore the unsigned part forever), but it does not
show any available patches.

My temporary solution is to go to "Software Management", click on the
packages I want, and choose "Update" (the Z like icon).  Can anyone help
me out with getting the update repository working without me having to
go about this way?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Prajjwal

Message Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain confidential
information. If you have received it in error,
please immediately inform the sender and delete the mail and any attachments.
Unless it relates to the official business
of UMN, any opinions, views and other information expressed in this document
are those of the individual sender.