On Wednesday 25 April 2007 06:46, jpff wrote:

> I tried the selector -- and the first distribution named was a Gnome
> system, showing that the selection does not allow for definitely not
> wanting KDE or Gnome; I do not want a desktop interface at all (no
> icons, no clicking) but there was no way to indicate that as far as I
> could tell.

I just re-took the test again and see what you mean however I see this tool
more for Linux novices than hardcore like yourself.

To be honest most people with just a little understanding of Linux could
probably decide which distro is best for them without using the 'Chooser' in
fact my thoughts are the reverse of yours I'd take out the desktop choice,
and give a GUI environment in the choice by default even though there is an
explanation of the difference and what Gnome and KDE is somebody new to Linux
may see that choice as yet another hurdle and fail to jump plus 99.9% of new
users wouldn't want text mode at first anyway.

But I will pass on your comments.

--
Regards
Peter cannon