david rankin wrote:
> From: "James D. Parra"
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've configured dns via yast on for internal use, however I have a
>> couple of
>> questions. When using nslookup from a windows box pointing to the
>> Suse dns
>> server we get the following error;
>>
>> C:\temp>nslookup  www.website.com  192.168.0.2
>> *** Can't find server name for address 192.168.0.2: Non-existent domain
>> Server:  UnKnown
>> Address:  192.168.0.2
>>
>> Name:    www.website.com
>> Address:  10.0.0.2
>>
>> How can this be fixed?
>>

> What does your zone file for website.com look like? Do you have an
> alias or CNAME entry for www.website.com resolving to you IP?

Do you have an entry for 192.168.0.2 ... The response for
www.website.com is correct if it is on 10.0.0.2. If thelocal NAT address
for the web server is 192.168.0.2 and you wish this to resolve to
www.website.com you will need to set up a local view of your zone. If
192.168.0.2 is the DNS you wish to resolve against I believe the correct
syntax is....