On Wednesday 25 April 2007 11:21, Jonathan Arnold wrote:

> Here's a good link: http://docs.kde.org/userguide/kde-diy.html

Where was this when I was looking for DCOP scripting documentation a few
years ago?

Thanks for pointing this out. Right off I see where my previous
suggestion was suboptimal.

Furthermore, the answer to the primary question from the OP is given
there directly, making those of us who claimed it wasn't possible flat
wrong:

#!/bin/sh
konsole=$(dcopstart konsole-script)
session=$(dcop $konsole konsole currentSession)
dcop $konsole $session renameSession Local

session=$(dcop $konsole konsole newSession)
dcop $konsole $session renameSession Remote

# Send a command to a Konsole session (tab)
session=$(dcop $konsole konsole newSession)
dcop $konsole $session renameSession Code
dcop $konsole $session sendSession 'cd /my/work/directory'

> --
> Jonathan Arnold

Thanks again!

Randall Schulz