On Wednesday 25 April 2007 19:34, James D. Parra wrote:
> As a test, I disabled the primary NIC and configured another NIC on the
> server to use DHCP. After restarting the network, the 2nd NIC gets a DHCP
> assigned address which can access the network, however the local network
> cannot ping its new IP address.
>
> This is very odd. What might be happening?
        Is this a home network, small business, or corp?

        Something has changed on your network... routing issue... duplicate ip
address somewhere... something.  Are all the machines on the same subnet?

        Someone may be masquerading as your server...

        Did you try pinging from different machines? different subnets?   If
you're
on a corp network, did you report to IT...?

--
Kind regards,

M Harris     <><