On 4/27/07, Joachim Schrod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:

> I have my local rdiff-backup copies stored into encfs filesystems.
> Then I rsync the raw (encrypted) filesystem offsite to a hosted server
> every night.

Interesting idea; it would save us the NFS-over-VPN step and would
need additional disk space.

I think we'll have a look at this approach to see if it's an
alternative. Thanks for pointing it out.

To keep from hogging the remote system during the day, I kick off my
rsync at 1am and I try to set the --max-size argument to cause just a
few GBs to be added to the remote site each night.  I currently have a
little over 50GB offsite.

Currently I'm trying --max-size=1500M.  (I only have a couple files in
the 700MB - 1500MB range and everything below 770MB is already
offsite.).

I've tried this rsync 3 times and it has timed out each time.  I don't
yet know if it is a simple reliability issue, or if it is some kind of
limitation that rsync won't handle files that large across a T-1.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group