> "geteltorito" seems not to be part of openSUSE, which is sad, but I'll
> try to get it.

Yes, it is. In 10.2 it is included in "mkisofs-cdrkit.1.0pre5-6". What did
you use to look for it?

I have used Yast to find a package named "geteltorito". Yes, now I see
that it's actually included in "mkisofs" package.

With "dd" there is only 1 ISO image created, but with "K3B" in "create
image only" mode there is a directory with 2 ISOs created, one for
each track !
I have no idea what k3b uses to get the image(s). Notice that dd doesn't
know anything about images or formats: it just copies from start to end,
sense or senseless.

Yes, which means that issuing the "dd" command, we should give it a
.raw extension instead of .iso because it may result in non-ISO 9660
image. (incompatible FS)

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"