jdd wrote:

Bob S wrote:

My question is: when I put the drive into service again will the backup restore everything?

look at the backuip programm doc. you should have done this before...

I assume that there are no backup programs that actually re-create an entire blank drive.

of course they are, many, beginning by dd...

Are you telling me that dd will take a blank hard drive, format it and duplicate the partions ? Like Mondo rescue would? Unfortunately I didn't have a Mondo backup. I had my regular Kdar original and incremental backups.

I am thinking when the drive is returned (they will have formatted it) That I will have to format it again to ext3, and build my partitions exactly as they were, and I am not sure how I can duplicate it exactly.

Bob S