On Sunday 29 April 2007 23:59, david rankin wrote:
> You just
> have to *slow* down and follow the steps one at a time.
        very funny.  :))

        ... installing X from tarballs will probably be the very last thing I
will
try here... especially when I'm just experimenting with this display anyway.
However, I'm not apposed to it... just for fun.

        I will certainly read all the links for education sake.

        I am still trying to catch up on xorg, frankly. About the time I
thought I
understood the XFree86 way of doing things Xorg came along and confused me
again.  For instance, my setup (sax configured) has no mode lines at all.
Well, it says Modes[0] without modelines.  (?)

        Seems that I would only need to add a correct modeline to the config
(why
recompile?).

Thanks
--