G.T.Smith wrote:
Moby wrote:
3-0-24-18-1-56 worked fine on SuSE 10.0 and OpenSuSE 10.2 systems without
exhibiting the problems mentioned below. The problems surface when
Samba is
upgraded to samba-3.0.24-22.1.57.

1) On OpenSuSE 10.2 systems:
Using samba completely standalone with an smbpasswd back end. After
upgrading,
cannot map drives from Windows systems. Windows clients say "Path not
found".
Looking in Samba logs with debugging logs shows:
[2007/04/27 12:56:06, 10] smbd/msdfs.c:parse_dfs_path(54)
parse_dfs_path: hostname: whou102mob2
[2007/04/27 12:56:06, 3] smbd/msdfs.c:get_referred_path(527)
get_referred_path: .root$. in dfs path \whou102mob2\root$ is not a dfs
root.
[2007/04/27 12:56:06, 3] smbd/error.c:error_packet(146)
error packet at smbd/trans2.c(4977) cmd=50 (SMBtrans2)
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE

Samba logs and smb.conf is available if needed.

2) On Suse 10,0 systems:
Using Samba integrated with AD via Kerberos, using idmap_rid. See same
errors
as above after upgrading.

OpenSuSE 10.2 systems integrated with AD via Kerberos and using
idmap_rid work
fine (at least so far).
Has anyone else seen issues with this latest Samba update?  And also
would anyone know where I can find
3-0-24-18-1-56 RPMS?

Thanks in advance for any help,

I believe I am up to date with the latest 'official' release for
openSuSE  - 3.0.23d.19.2 So this suggests  you are either using the
compiled binaries from the samba site or you compiled from the site
source. If former I would compile from source and see what happens. If
the binary is compiled with different versions of gcc or the relevant
libraries to your intalled base, you can introduce subtle bugs.

I would only consider upgrading in this way if something was broken, or
features were available that are required, especially if others use the
system. (If it aint broke dont fix it).
Thanks for the response G..T.
Yes, this is the unofficial "cutting edge" release - my production systems are on the official release with no issues. I just wanted to point out issues with this "cutting edge" release in case someone else had seen them - and perhaps had a solution.

--
--Moby