On Monday 2007-04-30 16:27, David Gregg wrote:
[...]
> also the top of the suse menu doesn't display properly, sorta like the
> graphics show up fuzzy with streaks through it... this also doesn't
> happen when using the kde menu...this same streaky fuzzyness also
> shows up just prior to the gui loading up, so I'm not sure if the
> problem is related, nor do I know how to take a screenshot or if it's
> even possible at that point in the boot process.
[...]

I'm not sure I'm seeing exactly the same thing.  ( I'm on 10.2  X86_64 and
using nvidia card/drivers.)  When most KDE applications open, for a fraction
of a second the window content is just horizontal lines and random parts
graphics from other windows.  Then (I guess) the application redraws its
display at startup and then everything looks OK.  Kuickshow is the only
exception -- it can't display pictures, because it always shows the random
graphics garbage, forever.

Thanks,
Ken Jennings.