I have already configured Gmail for POP access, and it is working fine
with MS OutLook (forgive me I have no other choice to test).

I also did everything else as you wrote.

POP: pop.gmail.com
Port 991
SSL

SMTP smtp.gmail.com
port: 587
TLS

I did a ethereal and saw Evolution is sending TCP SYN to 1.0.0.0 on
pop3 port is it normal?

Lost, am I?

- Bikram

On 5/3/07, Pueblo Native <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bikram Chatterjee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can any body tell me how to get the evolution mail working for gmail
> POP account? I did the configuration of Evolution mail as instructed
> in gmail settings yet neither of send or receive is working. My system
> is SuSE 10.1 x86_64.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Bikram
After you configure GMail to do pop, here are the settings

POP: pop.gmail.com
Port 991
SSL

SMTP smtp.gmail.com