Hello,

badblocks -v -b 4096 -o badblocksfile /dev/sda6
this is what I did on the /home partition...
There was no bad blocks on the device...

Any ideas? I acquired the drive quite recently, so I don't think this is a
hardware issue...

I do use reiserfs!
A filessystem has got to be stable! That's the most important thing! If such
errors don't occur on an ext3 system I will stick to ext3, even if it takes
twice the time to copy data!

So, what's next? I even purged the partition, so there is now 50 GB of
available space on the device! And still I get that awful bug.

How about rebuilding the filesystemtree? What I am definitely going to do next
is getting a new hard drive, copying the data in /home to the new system,
converting the /home-partition to ext3 and then I will see what happens...

This will take some time, though. So every idea is appreciated!

Thanks