Hi list,

- I've strange problem...If I invoke YaST from the a shell, giving

yast2

After giving my root password, I get a GUI YaST as expected.

If I select YaST from the GUI menu in my (SuSE10.2) standard desktop, it
prompts me (as expected) for my root password - and then it persistently
tells me that it's wrong..??

The log says:

May  3 22:38:02 dell102 sudo:       vk : pam_authenticate: User not known to
the underlying authentication module ; TTY=pts/5 ; PWD=/home/vk ; USER=root ;
COMMAND=/opt/kde3/bin/kdesu_stub -

Eh, now what??