On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 21:13 -0400, James P. Bland wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 07:58 +0000, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
> > I just checked out IT guy setting up routes and firewall rules on its
> > Win2003 servers - really have come a long way - nice GUI with click,
> > dropdown of machines/people/groups (ala ActiveDir).
> > Dont get me wrong, I never touch the stuff, but its getting really
> > difficult to argue Linux firewall, routing, print and file servers to
> > the Win IT guy - there is just not anything (that I know of) that comes
> > close to the ease of use (setting up routes and firewall rules
> > especially).
> >
> > Can someone point me to something?
> >
> Have your IT guy look at Firewall Builder www.fwbuilder.org or
> SmoothWall www.smoothwall.org.  Lots of my Windows friends run
> smoothwall and love it.
>
> HTH
> James

Thx, ye I know about these, but really go take a look at the new Win2003
firewall config builder  - I think the OSS community should take note
and impl something similar (cant be hard to do, fwbuilder can be made to
look like it I think)

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm