Hi,

It seems I finally got it worked. Thanks for all your help.

I want to share the information here: for any future reference to anybody.

Due to some reason Evolution is not issuing the second DNS query.
Which means, once pop.gmail.com is send to DNS for the IP address the
DNS is returning a re request for gmail-pop.l.google.com and address
1.0.0.0, DNS is expecting Evolution to query for
gmail-pop.l.google.com which will return the actual address
72.14.253.109.

Ping is working fine.

Same is the case for SMTP also only choice of Authentication type
PLAIN is returning with success.

I can not give the details of why, I don't have that much knowledge.

Ethereal, PING and the list helped me a lot. Thank you all for everything.

-- Bikram