G T Smith wrote:

> Jonathan Arnold wrote:

>>> Unix build.
>>>
>>> why u don't use freeNX from nomachine website(googling it for latest
>>> version)
>> I think it needs to run on the remote machine too, and I don't have any
>> control
>> over that.
>>

> The ssh daemon on the host machine is usually activated by default, have
> a look at the man page (man ssh) for ssh capabilities...

I meant the FreeNX server, not ssh. ssh works just fine.

> As a taster to open a remote session in a new window in any konsole
> session enter...
>
> ssh -Xf <servername> <command>

Yeah, I did track down the -X option. Didn't try the -f option though. That's
why I like the idea of a GUI front end to ssh, like kssh.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Daemon Dancing in the Dark, an Open OS weblog:

UNIX is user-friendly. It's just a bit picky about who its friends are.