Alan Lenton wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Clayton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 10 May 2007 13:11
To: opensuse@opensuse.org
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Windows mount is ReadOnly

SuSE 10.2 is mounting my Windows file system read only ( fstab shows
ro,users,umask=0002,nls=utf8 0 0).

Is there any reason for this? I want to be able to write files in that partition. If that was the case would I need to do anything else except knock out the 'ro' element?

| Is it an NTFS drive that you're trying to mount?  openSUSE always mounts
NTFS formatted partitions as | | ReadOnly.

| C.

It is indeed. Do I deduce from this that it isn't wise to change it to
ReadWrite?

alan

AFIK, NTFS write support is "experimental". This means that it will be about as reliable as writing to it under Windows. ;-)