On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 02:37:31PM -0400, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
> Josef Wolf wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In 10.2, I'm missing the perl-YAML package.  It was included in 10.1,
> > but seems not to be part of 10.2 anymore.  Is there any reason why it
> > was removed and where to find it?
>
> Just run YaST and search for YAML. Seems to be easily available in mine.

Thanks for the quick reply, Jonathan.

Unfortunately, yast can't find anything when I search for "yaml".  Why
is it working for you but not for me?

> It was probably removed due to not being necessary. I don't have it
> installed and don't seem to have missed it.

Well, it is similar to Data::Dumper, but much more human-readable.  This
is a very fine thing to store persitent data.  I have written a very
important (for me) program which depends on it.  And I can't upgrade
to 10.2, unless this package is available.