On Saturday 12 May 2007 12:05:30 John Andersen wrote:
> On Saturday 12 May 2007, Andrew Colvin wrote:
> > What is happening is that the kmail move rule is happily making a copy of
> > the email in the local folder but is not removing the message from the
> > imap.
> >
> > Hence with every refresh it creates a new copy of the email in my local
> > folder.
>
> Check your rule to make sure it says MOVE and not COPY.
> Perhaps that got changed somehow.

It is most definately a move - as I stated it makes a copy of the message in
the destination folder but never removes or downloads it from the imap.

Currently my work around is to use copy and delete the emails manually from
the imap.  So I hope this list doesnt pick up in the meantime

> On Imap, I generally use server side filtering/sorting so that mail
> is in a consistent place regardless of which machine I use to
> process the mail, and I use server side subfolders rather than
> local folders.

I like to keep the mailing list on this client on local so that it can be
searched without hitting the network (i keep all messages)

> That being said, I do not have a problem with Kmail and Imap,
> I use Cyrus.

I never had an issue until this last kde update when the filter processing
seems to have broke!