Does anyone know what is contained the the last byte of an RPM update
file. Hey you say.What the hell ??
I ask this question because in version 10.0.-10.1 I did not need to
include an exemption from application gateway Layer inspection done by
my IDS02. It is an easy thing to place exemptions in my IDS02.
Without exemption, without failure, update RPM files will download but
error out with "download halted with 1 byte remaining.
The download traffic, either HTTP or FTP are both subject to ALG
filtering  in both directions.
Are there any real comms'y type people who understand how RPM packets
have changed in format from 10.0-10.1 so we can all understand, please
try to keep it simple, as I think this would be a very interesting topic
of conversation for many.

In the case I sighted above, the last packet has been accepted, however
its as if there is NO EOF marker lest EOP marker.

I am probably being a little selfish in asking a question that helps me
only, however with the inclusion of describing the change in .RPM files
lately, would seem one worth discussing - There is still a huge argument
raging as to the value of remaining committed to the .RPM files. I will
try to search for the comms article that I have stored that explains a
technical argument of further development of the .RPM file and its
package Management in the light of being able to reliably update an
extrapolated  native traffic issue and Red Hat and opens suse users over
the next 10 years.
Happy mothers day here in Australia to our mums - Sunday 10:20 GMT+10
Scott :-*