On 5/14/07, John O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 15:40 -0400, Gordon Keehn wrote:
> John O'Gorman wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 20:49 +0200, jef peeraer wrote:
> >

> >> John,
> >>
> >> do you mean that in the future, we will be able to install a new
> >> distribution by just copying one image ?

I've been using vmware workstation, to ease the transition from one
install to another (or, from old hardware to new hardware).

So basically, when I make a "big change" of some sort (new install,
upgrade, new hardware) the first thing I do after getting the new
install working basically, is install vmware. Then, I copy the image
of my "old install" and run it as a virtual machine.

That way, I can take my time getting the new device/install configured
just as I need it, because I have access to the "old one" when I need
it.