At 01:31 AM 5/14/2007, Rikard Johnels wrote:
On Sunday 13 May 2007 17:05, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 10:39 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 20:43 +1000, scsijon wrote:
> > > I have been asked to setup a number of single computers for a transport
> > > firm.
> > >

> > > Any sugestions?
> >
> >   IIRC Eudora runs under wine.
>
>   I just had a look at the Eudora site, it's been discontinued, and
> picked up by Mozilla as Penelope.  The company may not be able to use
> this on their new systems.

And why would they want run a windows application under wine when they WANT to
migrate to Linux???

As stated above, what do you need of Eudora's functionality?
The mail client for reading? The addressbook for sending of mails?

i have no detailed idea, i'm not the programmer, just the installer

but from what i understand, there are database links to move the various unit (palate) records between the sending > receiving offices using the mail system. Aparently Eudora's scripting
is easy to use and very database compatable, acording to the programmer.

It's not simple, but it does work for them and saves having to have direct or permanent links.

scsijon