"Rajko M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Monday 14 May 2007 09:51, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
>> But sometimes this happens the other way around,
>> needinfo that never gets answered :-P
>
> It happened and it will happen again if:
> - user has no idea that reporting is just a start of process
> - user just realized that there is no bug and can't addmit that
>
> And also:
> - needinfo is asking for information that one don't want to publish on
> Internet,

You might still find a way to get the info to the requester,
e.g. marking it as private so that not everybody can see it.

But you can always say explicitely: Sorry, will not give this
information.

> - needinfo is asking for remote access to computer

This shouldn't happen.

> You are friendly people and we trust your software, but sometimes a bit of
> discretion might be helpful. Not everyone has test computers as Felix, and
> giving information from machine in use might be not good idea.
>
> BTW, what is policy about closing bugs that hang with need info for some
> time.

In general we close bugs as "CANTFIX" (using WONTFIX for it) if they are
in NEEDINFO for longer than 4 weeks.  If the user gives the info later,
s/he can always reopen the bug,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/