On Wednesday 16 May 2007 12:39, James Knott wrote:

> One of the "features" of Windows, is that many of what should be user
> level apps have to be run as root.  With some apps, you can configure
> them to run as admin, even when the user doesn't have admin privileges.
> However the appropriate password has to be entered.

That's the problem, as soon as they get the password they add themselves to
the administrators group and before you can say 'malware' they've got 15
search bars in IE and they're complaining that their computer is running
slowly.  I dare say you might be able to input the password once and have
windows remember it for you but how long would it be before it forgot it
again? Anyway, this is a bit off topic so guess I should shut up now.

Cheers,

James.