Le Mercredi 16 Mai 2007 06:03, Mohammad Bhuyan a écrit :
> Anybody with Dell Inspiron 6400 + OpenSUSE 10.2 experience.
>
> My default installation is causing lots of trouble. Frequent boot time
> hang (Primarily at "activating device mapper ...")
> and high frequency FireFox crashes (that's where I spend most of my
> time, so really "high frequency", definitely not usual for a stable
> release).  Mostly FireFox stops responding and I need to kill it.
>
> Any comment?
>
> (Dell Inspiron 6400 - - Intel 2x1.66Ghz + Intel 945GM Display)
>
> --
> Mohammad Bhuyan
> Software Engineer
> Mobile: +61 4 13324850
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,
I do have a Dell Inspiron 6400 (core 2 duo 1.83 Ghz, Nvidia 7300 Go) which
works normally. No boot hangs. Stable.
However, since the last kernel update,  I do have problem with the wireless
card.
Until the last kernel update (2.6.18.0.3 i
believe) the card was properly detected and knetwork manager prompt me at
every boot up for the wap key of my wireless network (which is handle through
kwallet). Oddly, after the kernel update, the card is not recognize onto YaST
-> network -> network adpater. And the wireless card is not active. If I
manualy load the driver (modprobe ipw3945) and restart the network (rcnetwork
retstart), it is then detected (but does not appear in the available adapter
list under YaST), knetwork manager starts and network is available.

Cheers,

Matthias
                     Matthias Titeux, PhD
Département de génétique des maladies cutanées et allergiques
            dans des modèles animaux et chez l'homme.
                      INSERM U563 - CPTP
                 Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
                          CHU Purpan
                            BP3028