Peter Nixon wrote:
> Hi Guys

Hi Peter,

> I have a couple of remote servers (not _actually_ mine) running SUSE 6.1 in
> production. (Please don't bother to tell me to upgrade them. I am aware of
> ALL the issues and so is the owner). Now I need to install fping on these
> boxes, but the media has proven difficult to find. I have tried downloading
> the fping src.rpm file from SUSE 9.0 (The oldest SUSE version I could find
> on the FTP mirrors) but it has numerous macros etc in it which cause it to
> not build properly on 6.1. I do have some SLES8 cds around which will be my
> next try, before attempting to fix the spec file manually (I did try for a
> few minutes, but it turns out that almost ALL of the rpm macros in use
> today, did not exist on SUSE 6.1 so it is proving a huge trial and error
> effort.
>
> If any one has the SUSE 6.1 media kicking around I would appreciate them
> shooting me a copy of the fping source rpm (There are 6.1 - 7.x boxes on the
> network so I will need to build it for a few different versions) or even the
> fping binary rpm.

Well... the first time I installed SuSE was the 6.2 version but, I
couldn't find the media. The best I can get you is the 7.2 rpm and
src.rpm version of fping...

If you want them you can get it at
http://www.rusiantos.com/~rsantos/fping72/

Also, in that directory, there's also a static version of the fping
binary and man page...

> Thanks in Advance

Hope it helps.

--