Francesco Scaglioni wrote:
Hi,

,------[ Earlier I said ::  ]
| > I am trying to clear some disc space.  Is there an easy
| > (safe) way to remove all languages apart from english ?  Or
| > should I just go to usr/lib/locale and manually delete
| > everything that isn'r en...
`------

I have free space under /usr/local (separate partition).  Is
it possible to copy /usr/lib and /usr/lib across to
/usr/local and then symlink them back on a live system
without breaking it?

Yes, you can do that with anything under /usr. There are some directories, such as /lib. /boot, /sbin & /bin that must be available during boot up, before other partitions are moutned, that cannot be moved.