Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Monday 2007-05-21 at 10:39 +0200, Primm wrote:
>
>> All I want to do is convert my ntsc DVD's to pal so that I can watch them in
>> Spain. Can SuSE 10.2 do that?
>
> AFAIK, DVD media are neither NTSC nor PAL.

I'm afraid that there are differences in format. I googled a bit and
found this page:
http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp

The problem here is DVD region though. I'm sorry to say that it's
American invention aimed to bother honest people. There is quite a
chance that you won't be able to play the DVD just because of different
DVD region (USA being 1 and Europe 2).

For such tasks I use combination of Wine (sort of Windows runtime
environment in Linux) and DVDShrink (freeware windows tool). On my old
Athlon XP2100+ it takes close to 45minutes to create region-free DVD.

Cheers, Tosuja
--
Petr "Tosuja" Klíma
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]