M Harris wrote:
> On Sunday 20 May 2007 23:01, Jim Flanagan wrote:
>
>> In KDE>configure
>> desktop>screensaver, I get the message:
>>    The specified library screensaver could not be found.
>>    The diagnosis is:
>>    /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmCloseOnce
>>
>       I'm sorry Jim, I missunderstood you... thought you couldn't get the X
> configured correctly.  Just to make sure we're on the same page... does you X
> setup work... in other words, do you get a desktop ?
>
>       So, the problem is the screensaver?  Does   xscreensaver work?
>
>       Just remove and reinstall the following packages:
>
>       kdeartwork3-kscreensaver
>       kdeartwork3-xscreensaver
>       xscreensaver
>
>       If this does not work, just to be clean about it, remove kde and
> reinstall
> kde.

Sorry for not being clear. I DO get a desktop. But there are a few
things broken with my setup. One is screensaver as mentioned. Another is
glxgears, it won't run, returning the same error that screensaver does, "

/usr/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: drmCloseOnce". This is what lead me to
beleive that x is not configured properly, but it may be something else. Not
sure what exactly the problem is. Another problem is clicking in My Computer
returns an i/o error.

I tried uninstalling the screensavers, but that did not help. I'll try
uninstalling KDE and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Jim Flanagan