* G T Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-22-07 05:22]:
> a) Not everyone interested in volunteering or making a useful to
> contribution for such event will subscribe to the OT list.

Then they should restrain themselves and refrain from posting OT.

> b) Strictly speaking this is about assistance in helping setting up
> Linux, so is much less off topic than some, and is arguably on topic...

grep -i suse <article>
results in no output

> c) I do NOT think that this is a particularly diplomatically useful
> response .... I can only assume that you neglected to read the OP before
> responding...

You think that Randall posted after "noticing" the subject line rather
than reading the post?
What response would be "diplomatically useful" and, providing you have
a better response, why didn't you "diplomatically" advise the poster
the proper channel for his post?

I cite a partial quote from a respected member of this list:

<quote>