On Tuesday 22 May 2007 15:14, S Glasoe wrote:
> On Tuesday May 22 2007 7:44:00 am Frank Fiene wrote:
> > Sound is working with the alsa dmix plugin and various applications
> > but i have no idea how to setup 5.1.
> >
> > speaker-test only works for both front channels, nothing more!
> >

> http://alsa.opensrc.org/Terratec_Aureon_5.1_USB_MK.2 looks like it'll
> help.

Hmmm, seems to work a little bit better, but whereever i plug my
speakers in (i have no 5.1 at work, so for testing i plug in normal
speakers in one of tht three output slots), speaker-test makes only
noise on Front Left and Front Right, with slightly different sound with
the Subwoofer port.

So i think at the moment i have a 2.1 system. ;-) Better than before!

I have to try the routing thing in the asoundrc file.