On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 15:00 -0400, Bob wrote:
> Because it is displayed to the console as well as the syslog and we are
> using an IBM product called Toolkit and when that product tries to
> connect and run scripts on the linux machine, it destroys products
> display screen ad makes it impossible to read. Somehow this message to
> the console got turned on when I configured LDAP but I don't know how.

Ah... the crystal ball lights up dimly, I see now that you did something
with LDAP and this started. Maybe now some of the other folks can come
up with an answer for you. Perhaps something in the syslog config or
maybe you have tty10 being displayed instead of tty1 (which should not
show any log activities like they do in tty10).

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998