On 5/22/07, Seth Arnold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 03:35:49PM -0500, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> I need to use my laptops serial port, to connect via serial cable to
> cisco switches, fiber channel switches, etc ....

screen /dev/ttyS0 9600    (or whatever)

thank you ... this looks promising. How do I know/discover which
/dev/tty* device = my actual serial port? I looked in YAST hardware
info, and .... there is much there, but nothing clearly labeled
"serial port 1" or com1 or etc ....

As for minicom, I will try this as soon as I can get to my install
DVD. Same goes for gtkiterm -- apparently this also ships with the
distro but it not installed by default. Sounds like it and minicom are
the closest match to a "hyper-term" like option

Peter