Bugger. Every which way I enter it
1. As is
2. Nominating the IP as either 0.0.0.0 or localhost or (PC to where data
is being sent IP) (device IP)

The error is always the same on re-start

What ever line the source.......etc. is on will not parse and the file
will not load.

Please don't spend any more time on this. There are so many other than
need your help.

I have subscribed to support community email for developers syslog-ng at
http://www.balabit.com/.

If ever I work it out I will send you a quick not as to why what appears
perfect in my and your logic - and follows the documentation to the
letter does not work as simply as it should - as the doc tells us.

Good luck and I keep you in thought and thanks for your time.
Scott :-[