Not sure exactly where or what they might be, but

It probably didn't do a "restore point".

It probably just copied / renamed / tar-gzipped the old libs as you mentioned.

These are probably in the /usr/lib or other lib dirs.

As root, I would do a search like this.

find / -name "*circa*"    2>&1 /dev/null

the find command takes 2 parms in this case.

The first is what dir to start in.  In this case it is "/" which is the root
(contains all other dirs)

Then the second parm is the name mask to look for (case sensitive) so it will
return the location and name of any file or folder that had the lower
case "circa" in it.

the redirection at the end (2>&1), tell the shell to not show any error
messages.

See what that comes up with.  Once you know the location, then you will be
able to erase or backup to different media, etc.

B-)