Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Jan Karjalainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05-27-07 10:59]:
>  {[...]  (much trimmed)
>
>> I logged out (as ctrl+alt+f1 won't work) and logged in to the console,
>> and there the keyboard mapping works!
>> After running "startx" and waiting for KDE to load, the keyboard mapping
>> is gone.
>>

> Make a new user and login to X as the new user.  See if your key
> mapping has returned.
>
> If it is still missing, you quite possibly have bonkered xorg.conf
> and may need to run from a console as root in runlevel 3:
>   sax2 -r -m 0=nv
>
> warning: this is for an nvidia video card..... substitute [glx...] for
> nv in 0=nv above.
>
> ps: It would not hurt for you to trim *most* of the previous quoting.

I did this (sax2 -r -m 0=nv) and the Keyboard Layout module in Sax2
shows nothing under the Type, Layout and Variant drop-down menus.
Completely empty of any entries...

--
Marjoe and Doshen were meditating in a field when Doshen just went and
smacked Marjoe upside the head. "What the hell did you do that for?"