On Wednesday 30 May 2007 06:37, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,
>
> I tried to click discussion on Fajar's page and put this there, but it
> did not seem to work.  Surely there is a way to discuss a new howto
> without having to do it here?

Hello Greg,
I guess it's better if we put the howto into the root directory? Because I
notice when we 'search' for article, User's talk is not included by default.
So I have put it in
http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_share_directories_between_groups_of_users_using_ACL
with all the latest updates, please edit it if you find anything missing.

> ===> Howto issues
> I tested the concepts in the write-up using existing users.
>
> On an XFS volume it works.  On ext3 by default, it does not (ie. ACLs
> not supported).
>
> Per an old suse 8.1 article it needs to be enabled for ext3.
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:POSIX_Access_Control_List_%28ACL%29_Support

On Opensuse10.2 I notice that ACL support is enabled by default in
the /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda2            /                    ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 1
/dev/sda3            /home                ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 2

> I added a first step that says to enable ACLs and points to the above.
>  Likely that needs fleshing out.

I added the example of the content of /etc/fstab to check whether ACL is
enabled.

> Also, it looks like that ACL article may need an update to something
> written in the last couple years.

Good idea. It will give good impression too to the new users.
Thanks.
http://linux2.arinet.org
6:59am up 0:40, 2.6.18.2-34-default GNU/Linux