Hi!

On 6/2/07, Darryl Gregorash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2007-06-01 23:23, HG wrote:
> <snip>
>
> So, the performance isn't very good. But this is a old computer (PIII
> 733, with 512Mb), so maybe the bottleneck is somewhere else. Or what
> do you think?
Well, it is a PCI card. What's the speed of the PCI bus? That's going to
be the limiting factor.

True. Good guestion... I have no idea of the PCI bus speed. I actually
thought that what ever it is, it's going to be more than (P)ATA and as
Bonnie++ showed that the RAID was in the same ballpark as a PATA drive
would be, I didn't think that PCI bus would be the limiting factor.
But it must be - PIII 733MHz is not slowing the RAID parity
calculations down, drives are fast, card is fast... that leaves the
PCI bus I guess.

--
HG.