On Monday 04 June 2007 02:00:28 Fernando Costa wrote:
> I´m using openSUSE 10.2 with the kernel 2.6.18.8-0.3
>
> >> 06:04.0 CardBus bridge: ENE Technology Inc CB-712/4 Cardbus Controller

You could try a 2.6.20 kernel which contains a ENE specific
patch that is told to make some of those cardreaders work.
But i wouldn't count too much on it.
Nearly all positive reports i saw were just for the ENE CB-710, but not for
your CB-712/4. ENE seems to be not very cooperative helping out here
(with specs etc).

But actually quite recently some experimental patches have been posted on
sdhci-devel mailinglist that could fix this issue (for CB-712/4).
If you are bold enough you may try my experimental (of course unsupported)
testkernel from
http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/fseidel:/kernel/openSUSE_10.2/
which contains those patches. If you decide to do so
i would be very grateful for any feedback.

Thanks,
Frank