jdd wrote:
M Harris wrote:
For those of you who never used it, debug was a combination of debugging tool (register display) and machine language monitor. It was the latter that most folks were unaware of usually... early .com

and breaking an application was a problem of minutes :-)

to have an idea, try "ed", still present on openSUSE

man ed
ed is a line-oriented text editor.

exactly the same than debug was working with

jdd

When I started in computer it was paper tape, punched cards were an advancement. The first "PC" I built was an IMSAI 8080 (serial no. 25), and used a Model 10 Teletype as a terminal. My real world work started with transistor machines (RCA Spectra 70 Model 55), and just missed the vacuum tube machines. Well almost, I learned to maintain a GE vacuum tube monster.

Bill Anderson