On Monday 04 June 2007 10:12, primm wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007 18:37, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > On Monday 04 June 2007 09:12, primm wrote:
> > > My mobo info says 'Geforce 6100 with up to 384Mb shared memory'.
> > > How do I find out how much memory it's taking? Is it RAM it's
> > > taking?
> >
> > What exactly are you trying to find out? Those 384 MB reside on the
> > video board itself. By "shared memory" it means this memory can
> > appear directly in the address space of the host system and be
> > accessed just like primary RAM. These video boards do not use any
> > of your primary system RAM, though they do take up address space.
>
> Hi.
> I don't have a video board. Is there separate RAM on the motherboard
> only for the video?

I don't understand. You don't have a video card buy you have a Geforce
6100? Is that integrated into the mainboard? If so, then those 384 MB
may be taken from the primary RAM, but they could also be apart from
it, as if there were a discrete video board.

Or are you asking about the "up to" part? In that case, I don't know how
to answer your question, except:

Give more information about your hardware!

In general / when in doubt, supply us with more information so we don't
have to guess what's going on.

A quick Google search led me to a review of one mainboard with
integrated Geforce 6100 that stated that 128 MB of primary RAM were
used for video purposes.

In all likelihood, the answer to your question lies in the manuals or
other materials that came with the board.

> Cheers, Steve.

Randall Schulz