On Monday 04 June 2007 17:16, Dinar Valeev wrote:
> Hello, i've decided to buy a new laptop.
> I'm looking for a small lightweight 12,1'' laptop based on a new Intel
> santa-rosa platform.
> I have 5 models.
> Acer TM6292
> HP 2510p
> HP 2710p
> IBM x61
> IBM x61 Tablet
>
> The most important is linux compatibility which have HP (it certified
> to run SLED10) but its processor has poor performance (Intel ULV
> 1.02GHz)
>
> Acer is a best choice but it does not compatible with Linux and its
> weight is aprox 2.0Kg.
> Im afraid that  my  Wireless and bluetooth buttons will not work
>
> IBM did'nt have internal DVD (only through dock station)
>
> any comments?
> --
> with best regards from Russia

Hi,

not sure about the intel platform, especially a new one. If it were myself, I
would steer clear for a while, just personal preference. . BUT, the main
reason why I wrote was to tell you I have had great luck with both acer and
toshiba laptops using 9.3 through 10.3.  Everything works fine out of the box
except when you have an atheros wireless chipset.  This is easily fixed by
downloading the madwifi package.

If you have any type of computer store with display models available, I would
suggest popping in a live cd to test it out before committing yourself.  I
mess around at circuit city all the time, if they want your hard earned $$,
they wont mind.

Good luck.

- --