On Monday 04 June 2007 20:35, Joseph Loo wrote:
> Frank Fiene wrote:
> > I've installed additional 2GB of RAM into my Thinkpad Z61p. My
> > kernel (latest SUSE-10.2-64bit) sees only 3GB of 4GB!
> >
> > Do i have to setup anything to see the whole memory?
> >
> > Regards, Frank.
>
> Are you running the kmp kernel? If you started with < 4 mbytes, I
> believe it will automatically load the smp kernel, which does not
> have the capability to see the 4 Gbytes. the KMP kernel allows you to
> see the full memory.

In openSUSE 10.2 the SMP / non-SMP distinction is gone. Only a generic,
SMP-capable kernel is distributed.

Furthermore, SMP / non-SMP distinction does not relate to physical
memory addressing range. That's PAE, which the 10.2 kernel is also
capable of utilizing (on 32-bit processors that have the PAE hardware).

> --
> Joseph Loo

Randall Schulz